Being in lockdown seems to have sparked people’s creativity. It certainly has made me rediscover my cookbooks! One of my favourite cookbook authors is the Belgian Pascale Naessens. She is an ambassador for pure and healthy food. Her motto is: “Forget calories, focus on food quality, and let your body do the rest!”
Being a chocolate-lover myself and with Easter around the corner, I want to share with you one of my favourite Pascale Naessens’ chocolate recipes. Super simple, super delicious and super healthy!
Ingredients for 2 people
- 100 g Quinoa
- Coconut Milk
- 30 g Dark Chocolate (minimum 70% cacao)
Rinse the quinoa really well.
- Take one part quinoa and three parts coconut milk (e.g. 1 cup of quinoa and 3 cups of coconut milk)
- Boil quinoa in coconut milk for 13 minutes. Take off the boil. Stir in the pieces of chocolate.
- Put the lid back on and let it thicken.
- Serve in small cups or glasses and drizzle with a little extra coconut milk.
You can have this as breakfast or snack.
It tastes like a dessert, so sweet and still so healthy. All three ingredients are considered a superfood, each of them wholesome for our body.
Delicious and healthy can definitely go hand in hand.